Scout Sighting --- PO'd or Glad???

Hey all,

just had a magazine accidentally delivered to my house.  Since the address
label was unreadable, I figured it wasn't worth returning to the post
office, so I ripped open the wrapper.  Hey hey, it's a Playboy, January
issue.  Ok, I open it up and the first thing I saw was a two-paged
advertisement for Skoal tobacco.  No bid deal there, but in the back
ground, there's a picture of two guys pushing a white Scout II that's
supposedly stuck in mud!

My first reaction was that I'll never buy Skoal tobacco after they violated
the image of the Scout, but then I started to realize it's nice to see an
IH product being used in a current advertisement.  The really dumb thing
about the picture though is that the guys are pushing the Scout DOWN a
muddy slope.  What the heck is that all about???

Anyways, the rest of the magazine is pretty good, but oddly enough, none of
the models were posed next to muddy Scouts.  If they had been, I might have
started up a subscription.

Not to get too anal over this, but I think the picture was published with
the negative placed backwards.  The Scout is a 70-80 mdoel and the picture
shows the passenger side.  The thing I noticed was the gas cap was on that
side.  Either they switched sides somewhere through the years, or the
advertising firm is getting pretty sloppy.

Anyways, it was great seeing a Scout with such a solid, rust-free side
being pushed down a hill of mud :-)

Take care,
John W.