Re: Caliper Volume Difference Dilemma

Mark wrote:
>Regarding TomM's comment: the Ford vs IH caliper volume
delta must be in the depth of the well.  This is my take on it,
since I have an IH caliper piston with the Ford logo stamped
on it ...that the diameter is identical ...leaving only the caliper
housing to add additional volume.

Anyone know about this ...and what such a volume difference
would do for things?<

Mark,
  Maybe I misinterpreted Tom's comment about Ford calipers.  I
assumed he was saying the bore was smaller than a Scout caliper.

  If it's just a volume thing, given that brake fluid is incompressible, I
don't see how it;'d make any difference.

Doug