Juice boxes & half motors

Was the 727 ever offered behind the 196?

I recall being told the 196 is internally balanced, while the 304/345/392
are externally balanced.. thus the flywheels are not interchangeable... I
assume this means I couldn't take the flex plate off my 345 and bolt it to
my 196 and then stuff that with the 727 into a racer chassis....

Just in case I don't actually get my hands on the 304 I own that lives in
Bozeman before February (I'd have to yank it, and then help my friend put
his 401/T18 in)... the 196 is along the side of the garage.. and I'm getting
good at changing motors around... besides.. I'd have to win the "4cyl
class"... :-)

-Tom