John L. enging rebuild

John I have a suggestion after reading that list posted by someone else and
seeing $1999 or so.

There is a Guy in Kingston Washington named Jim seganik at Enginious
Machine Works that has done  John Ekelmanns, Cory Evans, myself and several
other people I know's motors and is very familiar with the International
Motors. Having him do all the machine work and stuff I then bought all the
gasket kits at Westbay Auto in Poulsbo and assembled the motor myself. I
spent a total of $1456 or so and it was worth every penny of it. I am Sure
Allan W. has heard of this guy as he lives in Kingston as well.
Youi will like him he is your personality type.

You can check with these people (call me and I will give you there phone #)
to ask them about Jims work. John Ekelmann is a digester as well so you
could e-mail him.

For your cam go thru Delta in Tacoma as they are good and you can get the
same grind without spending the big bucks. Rik Desjardin has a whols slew
of desktop dyno reports with different cams but it seemed the 230 something
was the best. He is a digester as well so ask him.

For pistons I went with the badger brand cast pistons as they were quality
and work great. If the old motor has the domes "swirl Port" pistons then
you need to stay with them as thats what the heads will accept. For more
power go with the 345 heads and get to 9.5 or 10 to 1 compression. Then
your truck will really pull that trailor and have some grunt while still
getting the same mileage and running on pump gas.

You may also want to consider a set of headers to get it to breath. I did
and was very pleased with the results. In addition while you are grinding
the flashing on the oil drain areas (you were going to do that right ;-))
you can do some port matching to the gaskets and gain some additional free
(time and some high speed nukie grinder carbide bits) power and flow.

I still wish I had gotten mine balanced but I chose not to. Oh well it runs
and runs good ask Mandera how she gets up and moves after about 1200 rpm.

Hope all this helps you as well as others in the northwest.
Let me know if ya need anything else as I am hear to help

John Fleck
Back Country Binders

    For fabrication of your ideas, speciality scout parts(Stainless,
 Aluminum, steel..etc) and aftermarket accessories give me a call.
			    BACK COUNTRY BINDERS
                               John L. Fleck
			      "The Fleckster"
                   1225 N.E. Mcgee Way Pullman, WA. 99163