Re: j c whitney side panels....what gives?

Hey John,

I just sent out a follow up message just as your message came through.  The
panels aren't painted yet, except for one of them I did primer just to see
how well the paint adheres to the fiberglass.  It's been a little over a
year and they look great.  As far as being able to tell if they are
fiberglass, the only giveaway might be that they don't have the typical
gaping rust holes and they won't being flapping like birds wings on the
highway.  I guess if someone wanted to be anal and put a magnet on the side
of the truck...  If someone wanted to, they could grind a fine line
vertically in the rear to make it look like the side and end caps are two
distinct parts, but I personally like the filled seam look.

The only thing I forgot to mention in my last post was that inner wheel
wells are included with the quarters.  They extend into the wheel well
about 6 or 7 inches and really add support to the side of the panel.  It
also allowed me to cut away the rotted sections of my wheel wells, because
the fiberglass layed over the entire area.

Also for added support, the length of the panels are reinforced with
supports on the insides of the panels.  When you slap the sides the panels,
they don't make a hollow sound.  It makes a good solid sound.

Any other questions, I'll do my best to answer.  I think that should pretty
well cover it though.

Talk to everyone later,
John W.