Re: Eye check

>Chris,
>   I'm sure you know this and were just being sarcastic, but; since it
>is one of the few bits of info on early IH stuff that i know I want to
>throw it out. BD stands for Blue Diamond (I think).

I thought it was Black Diamond???  Sheesh, all my basic assumptions are
being challenged!!

I don't know if it's relevant or not, but IH had this "Triple Diamond"
(Silver, Black, and Red??) logo which I think they used on the post-war
K-series.  It's on the cover of Crismon's.  Sometimes you'll see it used by
older IH clubs or the like (my S-series toy pickup is made by Triple Diamond
Replicas).  The first in the line of the new post-war six-cylinder was
definitely called the Silver Diamond, but I have no idea what color it
actually was.  So you got yer SD-220 in like Bennet Moe's truck.  Then it
was upgraded some to the BD (I think Crismon describes the changes pretty
well).  Whether the BD was ever refered to as the Black Diamond or not I
don't know, but all the ones I've seen have been red in any case.

Then it became the BG but I never could figure out why.  Meanwhile, my
66-era pickup brochure shows a picture of it in bright red.  Sigh.