Shifter cable adjustment

Joel,
Did you follow the procedure in the manual for adjusting the shifter?
Basicaly, you set the clearance at the top end, put the shifter & trans
 in Park and then adjust the yoke on the trans end of the cable so it just
fits by screwing the end in or out.  1 turn can make a difference here.

The control end is adjusted so there is .55" from the cable side of the yoke
to the tip of the cable:

   | |

  |--|
  .55"