j c whitney side panels....what gives?

Has anybody had any experence with the rear side panels for a scout 2
from jcwhitney....

I got some in today to repair the massive rust in my son's scout.... and
they look fine except it looks like some one cut the tops off them....
on the drivers side the panels go up to the base of the gas filler hole
and stop... i thought i was buying the entire panel up to the top ....
these were missing the top medal ... even the boxes were bigger by the
amount of the missing medal ....

any one else ever bought these things... all the other stuff looked ok
at first glance but now I'm worried.

thanks

John Dodd