Dan's emergency brake again

>From: cookiedan@domain.elided (Daniel Nees)
>Subject: Re: double pumping
>
>John,
>   I have did tighten the self adjusters (which work on my truck) before
>I did this. The main reason I did this was because I was concerned the
>cable would catch on something while wheeling, it was hanging so low. I
>didn't pull on the drum side of the cable, just the part of the cable
>from where it was cut on both sides and where the cable from the pedal
>cable attaches. I made sure I didn't engage the E-brake shoe when I was
>doing this. What this did do is make the E-brake shoe stay where it
>needs to stay, and not float in the drum with all the slack of the cable
>it had. I fact, I should have done this a while ago, because I actually
>had the e-brake cable fall off the e-brake shoe and hang down in the
>drum making an annoying sound. With the slack removed from the cables it
>will not be falling off again and it has stiffened my pedal up.
>
>Dan Nees

Danny,
I didn't realize that John L. was going to get to you before I did, or I
wouldn't have said the same thing that he did. However, he and I are
right, and your rear shoes aren't adjusted correctly. Believe it, it's
true. What are you calling a E-brake shoe? My Grand Cherokee has E-brake
shoes, but your Scout doesn't.
Not meant critically, Dan, just helpfully.
John H.