New way to adjust the brakes

>From: cookiedan@domain.elided (Daniel Nees)
>Subject: double pumping
>
>I was playing er working on Ugly this weekend and while I was under him
>I noted that the E-brake cable was sagging quite a bit. The PC had cut
>the cable on both sides and added cable clamps to hold the cables
>together, so I loosened these up and pulled up the slack, then I turned
>the adjustment nut in some more on the E-brake thingy. This really
>stiffeed up the brake pedal and eliminated the need to double pump every
>time I had to stop. I would recommend everyone to tighten up there
>E-brake cable.
>
>Dan Nees

Danny,
It sounds to me as if all you did was take the slack out of your rear
brake adjustments by partially engaging the emergency brake. It probably
would make more sense in the long run to adjust the brakes.

If you decide to do what you need to do, don't forget that after the
shoes are adjusted, that the emergency brake will probably be too tight.

John H.