Re: ihc-digest V6 #309

In a message dated 11/29/98 10:37:09 PM Central Standard Time, owner-ihc-
digest@domain.elided writes:

>  Did it ever run OK before?

Yea I drove it home from the shop but it had all the new parts...I didn't use
a ballast resistor and I fried the distributor and all the wires...coil
to...but I replaced them all and put a ballast in.

> If so, maybe one of your new parts is not so good.  You could be getting a
>  crossfire. One plug would be getting enough juice to fire at the wrong
time-
>  during the intake stroke.  So the explosion comes back through the intake
>  valve out the top of the carb.
>
>  Happened to me.. I replaced a whole carb for no reason.  But then replacing
>  a 27-yr old carb didn't bother me all that much.  My reasoning was that it
>  idled great and since there was an explosion, there was by definition a
>  spark. so how could it be the ignition?

True and I did replace a distributor for no reason...oh well.  replace the
brand new plugs was the next thing.  ~:^(

Steve