Dan

>Subject: Plug wires
>
>I got new plug wires from Napa on Wednesday.  I got home, put them on the
>Scout, and it still won't start.  Had a friend look at it, we found gas in
>the oil (not good at all), and the carb was leaking again.  On top of
>that, I lost one of the the screws that holds the float bowl on. :(  So, I
>guess that it is going to get taken to the mechanic.  Hopefully it will be
>running without a problem when I get it back.  Just don't know how much it
>is going to cost. :(
>So, what causes gas in the oil?  I rebuilt the carb last year, but I
>haven't changed the oil since I bought it, it hasn't been run that much.
>Another thing.  Is it 'normal' to get smoke from the crankcase?  I don't
>really have an oil fill cap, and when the engine was still running, when I
>shut it off, I would get smoke from the oil fill neck.
>This is all on a '66 w/ a 152, holley 1bbl.
>TIA.
>

>Dan Felix (taking a break from revising term paper)
>ICQ #19036198

Dan

John Hofstetter  "Ol'Saline's Web Site" www.goldrush.com/~hofs
"Perhaps more to remember than ever really happened"
Life Member, National Rifle Ass.     California Rifle and Pistol Ass.
Member, Sierra Macintosh Users Group and MacTwain Macintosh Users Group
Charter Member, FRIENDS OF DEATH VALLEY   Member, Blue Ribbon Coalition
Life Member, Association of California School Administrators
Owner of 79 Scout Terra "It's a legend"