Plug wires

I got new plug wires from Napa on Wednesday.  I got home, put them on the
Scout, and it still won't start.  Had a friend look at it, we found gas in
the oil (not good at all), and the carb was leaking again.  On top of
that, I lost one of the the screws that holds the float bowl on. :(  So, I
guess that it is going to get taken to the mechanic.  Hopefully it will be
running without a problem when I get it back.  Just don't know how much it
is going to cost. :(
So, what causes gas in the oil?  I rebuilt the carb last year, but I
haven't changed the oil since I bought it, it hasn't been run that much.
Another thing.  Is it 'normal' to get smoke from the crankcase?  I don't
really have an oil fill cap, and when the engine was still running, when I
shut it off, I would get smoke from the oil fill neck.
This is all on a '66 w/ a 152, holley 1bbl.
TIA.

Dan Felix (taking a break from revising term paper)
ICQ #19036198