Rad's&Stt's

>And now Dan says I'm flexing my radiator apart because of my wheelin'!
BTDT after a day of hard (for me) wheeling in the desert I pulled the
top of my radiator completely off.

>Odd how that makes me smile n' grin... :-)
I can see this ;-) but were you smiling when you discovered the leak? I
think not, which leads us to...

>In any manner, I suppose a brace from one side to the other would be a
good
>idea then... and, for those aspiring Scout-vendors on the list, a good
>product to see about selling. :-)
For the right price I am with you. needs to be under the price of
another parts rig, storage problems ya know

>So Dan... do you usually yank the radiator, put a spare in, and take
the
>busted one to the rad shop, or do they do it in the truck?  (I'm
guessing not)
Not Dan here but what the heck. The answer is NOT. Remove the hood,
unbolt the shroud and pull the rad.

>What's the $$$ damage usually?
I will let others answer this one because my new (used) rad came out of
my parts Scout so it was some fraction of $300.00.

>Can I, and would it be a good idea to, turn my current 2-row into a
3-row at
>the same time?  Any cost estimates?
My two row works fine but if I purchased a new one it would be a three
row, just for the additional peace of mind.
Never had any problems with the two row but more is better.

> *finally* something to really give my STTs a work-out... didn't work
>as well as I'd hoped,
Tom,
I will be the first to admit that I have been remiss in my attention to
the Digest. Running what was a 2 1/2 person department solo and
resurrecting an FC-150 J**p I missed what must have been a recent
acquisition of yours, what the heck are STT's.

- -Tom Mandera, Helena MT
>Abusive FourWheeler
now now Tom, there ain't an abusive bone in your body...a little rough
on equipment ? perhaps.

Willy