Re: GoldBoxRepottingWorkabout

On Tue, 24 Nov 1998 09:19:40 +0000 alice@domain.elided writes:
>Hello All,
>
>>I seek the following info:
>>	What causes the ignition circuit to fail?  Elevated
>temperature?  Overvoltage?  Lightning?  Radiation effects?

Little green men, perhaps?

I have heard that the primary cause of failures that weren't in the
wiring harness connections was the connections inside gold box or the
module and not the components themselves.  With repeated temperature
cycling, you get "solder creep" where the leads move within the solder to
the point you eventually develop an open circuit someplace.  This is the
reason you can often let one set for 20 minutes and it will restart--the
temperature change has reestablished the connection, at least
temporarily.  If you could resolder all the connections in the box, you'd
fix most of them.

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]