ABS & brake controllers

I started looking into brake controllers in the mid-80's, well before ABS
was even a blip on the truck market, and I have never seen any
hydraulic-sensing units for sale, so I'm not sure the "butler did it" is
actually true it in this case.

I bet it was just the ease of installation and the extra possible liability
(you put in this gizmo, my brakes failed, see you in court) that wiped out
the hyd. controllers.

In fact, some of the electronic controllers also had ABS compatibility
problems.

I never used one, but to a man everybody says they liked them a lot more, so
if you ever see one at a garage sale or something, grab it.