Re: Scout trannies

On Sun, 22 Nov 1998 17:16:57 -0500 (EST) cookiedan@domain.elided (Daniel
Nees) writes:
>Howard, Joel, et all
>   I was looking through Crismons and on pg 431 in the Scout II paagraph
>it talks about the available trannies. Crismon states that the smaller
>engines (4-196 and 258-6) had the T-39 auto tranny optional. The T-49
>auto was only available for the 345 V8. Would the T-49 be the Torquflite
>with the T-39 being the Borg-Warner? This was for 1971, therefore I am
>lead to beleive that the 345 had the 727 and the smaller engines had the
>Borg-Warner.

Nope, both the 13039 and 13049 (I'm going to use IH codes rather than
T-xx to avoid confusion with the manufacturer's designation, i.e. T-18
and T-19) were Borg Warners.  The Chrysler was the 13407 (and possibly
13409, but I don't know that one for sure.)

I'm pretty sure that both transmissions weren't available at the same
time in the Scout, but from Allan W's comments, it appears both were
available in the Light Line for a period.

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]