Radio Whine

Fleck,

Radio whine can come from a few sources... I think quality plug wires,
resistor plugs, coil condensor, etc all go a ways towards stopping the
whine... also shielded speaker leads and/or high quality RCAs from your
headunit to amp (if that's the case, John).

Or.. depending on where your hot-lead is attached to, that may be the
culprit of some whine.

When I first installed the pair of amplifiers (one drives the two 8" MTX
subs, one drives the two 6.5" Pioneer 3ways), I had HORRIBLE whine...
grabbed a electromagnetic interference do-hickey from Radio Shack (I believe
it's just a big coil inside... using a big inductor to filter out any
fluctuations in the power source) and installed it at the point where I was
splitting the power lead to the two amps.  As close to the amplifiers as
possible (to limit the amount of power lead exposed to interference after
the filter).

Took nearly all of the whine out... reattaching the RCAs on the back of the
headunit a little tighter took care of a bad crackle.. and I think the rest
of the whine.  I dunno... the dual Turbos helps drown out any low-volume
whine, and when the stereo's cranked, I can't hear any whine, any crackle,
OR the Turbos so....

-Tom