Gold box removal

I have an infamous gold box e-ignition system on my 75 Scout.  But, the
ignition system was replaced with a Jacobs Omni system.  I have none of
the instalation documentation for the Jacobs system, and I do not know
to what extent the gold box system was removed from the electrical
system.  My question starts by saying...  Can I take the gold box out
completely?  Is there any other electrical system within the truck that
relies on the control component?  I have not realy begun following all
the wires to see where they go, but the engine runs like a champ and as
far as I can tell the ignition system is complete.  Is there anything
that I should look for or can I just run the lines and disconnect the
gold box and take it off the fire wall.  Any info is greatly appreciated
in advance.
--
Eric Olson
1975 Scout II XLC