...So Why Do I Want One?

Fellow IHers,
Well here I sit and think ...the old Land Rover I was to look at
evaporated and there is another one I may look next time I get to
Louisville.  My thought process flows as follows.  This old Scout2
has some rust, the '73 title has never been found, the engine needs a
rear seal and some say it is ugly ...but it is paid for, inexpensive
parts abound and the heater works great.  The old '60s Land Rover
is cool to look at, expensive to buy and expensive to get parts for.
It is somewhat slower than the Scout, may or may not tow anything,
has worse fuel economy, weak axles and no heater of substance.

On paper, this is no contest ...so then, why the $#@! do I want one?
Mark
PS.  TomM:  My friend makes a parallel argument about his wife.