Re: 392 for 345 swap

Doug:

What state are you in??????

> smog laws to deal with, no visual, but I do have to pass a
> sniffer test.  To be legal (which I honestly try to do) I'd
> need a '78 or newer 392 with EGR.  ...but as long as I can
> put out less than 5% CO, and 1200 ppm Hydrocarbons, I can

That's a "gross polluter" in California an you couldn't drive it on the
street! My Scout faces a standard of 300PPM HC and 2% CO. Now they have
added NOx to the test, but I don't know at what levels. Anything over 600
PPM HC is "gross polluter" and you can't drive it on the street. My Terra
has always been way down like 30PPM HCs and <1% CO. Except for the time it
hit 900 PPM and a carb rebuild brough it right back down.

Geesh. I know I'm living wrong.

Tom H.