Re: Springs...

At 12:52 AM 11/15/98 -0700, you wrote:
>IH all,
>Well, today, Sunday that is, I'm going to put on the rear
>springs(4"lift). So please keep an eye out, I may run into some
>problems. I saw a few of you discussing getting longer brake lines.
>Would I need to do this, or would I need to do this when I get my body
>lift......
>Matt Sopher

I have about 7 inches of lift on a Scout II, so I can't really say exactly
whats required for only 4 inches of lift on a Scout 800. Mike Abrusci
posted the following about rear brake lines:

>Someone recommended for the rear flexible break line Bendix 77079. The
>application is 1975-77 ford E350 van rear.
>Napa		37193		$25
>PepBoys	BH36753	$29.76
>Checker	SP5308		$32.99
>Car Quest	SP5308		$19.99

I bought one of these lines from Big-A and it's long enough even for my lift.

For the front there's been trouble finding longer lines with the 7/16 inch
hole for the caliper. There are longer lines available with a 3/8 inch
hole. You could probably drill one out to 7/16 inch. On my Scout I just
straightened out the metal tubing section of the front brake lines. At full
droop I have no slack, but the lines aren't stretched out. Since you won't
get as much flex as I get with my spring-over I think this would work good
for you. (You do have front disks?).

On a Scout II a body lift doesn't require longer brake lines. On most
trucks the hardlines run along the frame, not the body.

Darrel Kline
1980 Scout II
Colorado Springs