Re: Unsolved Trannie mystery Solved in the 800

On Tue, 10 Nov 1998 22:55:27 -0800 John Fleck <jlfleck@domain.elided>
writes:

>>If it has a creeper gear, it's a T98.  At least, everyone's said the
Scouts
>>only got close ratio T18s, and the T98 was only (??) a wide ratio
offering....

>So how does one easily tell if one has small 28 inch tires and a 4:27
axle
>ratio???  It seems  low

I've only had limited experience with the wide ratio, but I think if you
had one, you'd probably know it because the 2:1 ratio difference between
1st and 2nd would be dramatic.  It would be the same as starting out in
2nd gear/low range and shifting up to high range if you tried to use it
on the street.

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]