Re: scout parts prices

Garry R. Mauldin II wrote:

> Hey, can some one give me an estimate for how much a 78 scout II body
> with the normal floor board and wheel well rust is worth, this is the
> whole body, top, doors, interior, everything. also i need to know how
> much a t19 wide ratio tranny and a dana 20 t/c is worth
> I live at home and my parents are forcing me to sell off my parts
>
> thx in advance
> Garry

Garry-

Well, I don't know about one in average shape-a little rust-but I
recently found that the IH specialty junk yard in Manteca, CA had a
totally rust-free body that they were asking $850.00 for.  This was tub
only-not the top, or the bulkhead (it was a PU style).  Personally, I
felt this was a little expensive, and passed on it, as I know where I
can get a completely rust-free '70 800, on wheels, with a non-working,
but near complete 304 in it for $300.00.  Of course, this one is about
550 miles away, and I don't know if I will ever get around to getting it
or not!
So there's what little I can tell you.  Of course, location will dictate
a lot of things.  If I was still in the mid-west, a rust-free body would
be worth a lot more!

Thanks!

Michael