Re: U-haul tow bars/Scout number 3

Scott,
I have towed a terra home using the tow bar that mounts to the front
bumper, about 30 miles back roads.  I don't think I would do that again.
After I got it home, and took the front bumper off a couple of months
later, I noticed that the front metal that the bolts go through was
rusted pretty badly, and probably really weak.  I feel that I was very
lucky not having an accident on the way home.  Also, making sharp turns,
like a right turn at a stop light was not fun.  The terra wanted to push
the rear end of my tow vehicle straight through the intersection.  (tow
vehicle was a 76 Dodge 4 dr royal monaco, land yacht).  Best bet is rent
or borrow a trailer.

Epp