Re: Tom,Dan, or anyone else...

On Sun, 8 Nov 1998, matt & stacy sopher wrote:

> would one need the shims? When I put on the back springs, with the add a
> leaf, the angle  was pretty bad. When I put in the shim, the diff was
> aligned with the Tranny, so no "kinks".
> Is this only on Scout 800's? Sorry if this does not make too much sense.

Matt,

I think it all depends on the truck and the springs.. apparently on my 4"
Skyjacker and Dan's 4" Triangle on a Scout II, the centering pin is still
horizontal, and everything is just 4" higher than stock.

It could be, with a set of lift springs, that they are not equal
front/rear, which would give the axle some twist or tilt.  Perhaps it's
something you'll just have to measure after you install it.

Even with my 2" over stock rear shackles, the pinion angle isn't bad
enough to cause a vibration.

-Tom