T-All in Alabama: OD 5 Speed Tranny

>From: John dodd <jdodd@domain.elided>
>Subject: 68 travelall

>I have located a 68 travelall junker here in Alabama..... And would like
>to know if any one on the list needs some parts.... I know nothing of
>the history of the unit but I do have the line setting ticket...
>          13034 0039  T34 Transmission
>for other info you can contact me off list at jdodd@domain.elided
>I hate to see this thing go the waste if someone needs the parts...

Chris (and everyone else)
Note that the tranny in this Travelall is the overdrive 5 speed, probably
the rarest of the 5 speeds, since most larger trucks like school buses
have the ones that are direct in 5th.  Shipping would be a problem
though, tranny and bellhousing (unique for the 5 speed) weigh about
250lb.  I don't remember where you live Chris, but you don't have
to be here long and parts you want start coming out of the woodwork.

Also note that the 5 speed is nearly the same length as the 727 auto,
in fact I think there was less than 1 inch difference.  I am using the
same driveline to connect to my transfer case.  I think it is longer
than the three and four speeds though.

Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 Pickup
Checks for digest 2x daily when home on the weekend.