Exh Manifold Torque

On Fri, 06 Nov 1998, Jim Camery <jcamery@domain.elided> wrote:

>I need to put in new exhaust manifold gaskets on my 392 this weekend.
>How much should I torque them down?  Anything special I should look out
for? >Should I reuse the old nuts & bolts?

The manifold bolts are not listed as exceptions to the Torque Specs in the
book, so use the "all locations" figure:

Size    Ft. Lbs
5/16    14-16
3/8     25-30
7/16    34-40

IH/Navistar dealers have an exhaust stud kit.  The studs are bronze (?)
plated  to resist seizing.  The studs may be bolts, I don't remember 100%.
Bob
77 Scout II
LIOR