Re: Torch operation and safety

In a brilliant stroke of genius, John Fleck <jlfleck@domain.elided> blurted
out:

>John you should always were oxy/actlene Goggles anytime you even fire the
>torch up. If the torch pops or !@#$%&* it may damage our eyes with the
>light or flying stuff. Our eyes are to delicate to risk damaging. I say
>this out of concern for a Friend as well as a fellow digester.

Good point worth mentioning John.

I was doing this operation at work, and we are required to wear safety
glasses anytime we are in our production facility, so I was wearing mine.
I was just surprised at how much oxygen I needed to get the torch hot
enough to bend the shift lever.  That much oxygen made the flame so
brilliant white I needed the darker welding goggles.  I didn't expect this
is all.

Regards,

John
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com    |
Conservative Libertarian      |
Life Member of the NRA        |        All the GOOD things in life
WA Arms Collectors            |              are DANGEROUS!
Commercial Helicopter - Inst. |
www.halcyon.com/jlandry/      |