I'm tired of driving....

Well, this past weekend I delivered Epp his T-34 5spd (TX to TN is alot
farther in person, than it looks on the map).  His eyes got big when he saw
the size of it (that sounded bad, didn't it?).  Epp and his wife Laurel were
generous hosts, in that they put me up for the night and fed me too (thanks
again).  I also picked up a bed for my 67 T'ette that Epp was storing for
me, but wouldn't ya know it, it's the wrong one.  When I bought my
Travelette it had a flat bed, but I rec'd a 6ft bed with it.  It ended up
being the wrong one, as the wheelwells were centered, and the Travelette
required that the wheelwells be offset closer to the cab.  So, the first bed
is sitting at the farm collecting dust (or is that rust? anyone want to make
a trailer?).  Then I find a bed for sale on the BinderBulletin that was on
another 67 T'ette.  I called the guy and stated what I was looking for and
could he send me a pic.  Well, he didn't have time to take a picture, but
the way he described it, it sounded perfect (the price was right, too).
Since this guy was in TN, and I had Epp's tranny, Epp offered to store the
bed until we could do a parts swap.  Epp's infamous collision at the
Nationals negated a "meet ya halfway" scenario, so I drove to Tullahoma.
The bed I found under the tarp is definitely off of a T'ette, but the
wheelwells are offset clear to the front of the bed, rather than the 1' I
needed.  I looked in my Crimson book and sure enough, I found one just like
it on an old army vehicle.  The bed came off of a airforce truck, so this
made sense.  Does anyone know what wheelbase these military T'ette's were?
Does anyone have a 6ft bed off of a 60's vintage Travelette that has about
8" to 1' of distance from the front of the bed to the front of the wheelwell
opening?  Otherwise I'm looking at using this bed and mounting a toolbox or
something in the space between the front of the bed and the back of the cab.
Finding the right parts is not supposed to be this hard, is it?

Oh well,

Jeff
67 1200B 4x4 Travelette (having a bed identity crisis)
P.S.  It wasn't a total loss, as the tailgate is in great shape and worth
the price I paid!