Steering box lube

Digesters,

I'm rebuilding the manual steering gearbox on my '65 Scout 80 and need to know
what kind of lubricant is used in it. I always thought you put 90 weight gear
lube in them but this one had grease packed inside when I opened it up.
Does anyone know for sure what kind of lube to use? If it's grease, does IH
specify a certain type?
As far as I could tell, this isn't mentioned in the shop manual. In the TofC
under Lubrication, it refers to the Operator's Manual.

Thanks,

Roy Ireland
'65 Scout 80
rlireland@domain.elided