Camper for 1000C

I second Howard, that camper is way to big for most
anything, actually.

Even if it weighed nothing, that much overhang would
make you the terror of every street corner <g>!

I wouldn't put too much stock in Howard's book (mebbie
multiply everything by 30%)... I have an IH towing manual
that gives the MAXIMUM trailer weight for my 166" wb,
Dana 60 equipped, etc. etc, Travellete as 6000 lbs. Yeah
about 2700 lbs LESS than Ford allows for an Expedition,
and way under Dodge's 19000 lbs.   I mean, come on.

I didn't know that the camper was NOT already owned
of a freebie.  If you're shopping, then
you can get some really slick, 8-footers that go 1100=1500
lbs.  (and they aren't new, you'll find used ones in that price
range)  And that would be about perfect, because

<soapbox on>--

I've never seen anbody driving a truck with a really
large camper-top (and I mean even 1-tons) that looked
really comfortable waddling down the road like that.

I could never understand, especially for the our
weekend-warrior group of horseback riders, why people
thought they were getting so much "comfort" with a
big, lavishly equipped camper/trailer/RV.
You spend 5+ hrs trying to work that mutha
down the road, spend most of the time while in it
SLEEPING (which only requires warmth and dryness),
then another 5+ hrs wrestling it back home.  Sheesh.

So it isn't just because I'm cheap (although I am) that we
travel light.

**In Use**
'70 1200D 4x4 Travelette 392 4spd
'73 1210 Wagonmaster, 392 auto
**Prepping for Repaint**
'67 1000B step-side p/up  BG241 + 4spd
**Parts (future projects?)**
'72 1010 T'all  392 at, '67 1000B T'all 266 3sp, '68 1100C 4X4 T'all 345 at