Re: Wrong Rig Question

Tom,

<<You missed my meaning. I certainly don't object to you helping Willy out.

What I was wondering is why you have a jeep list on your website? Come

clean brother, come clean.>>

OK, you caught me. It's areally long story, so I'll give the Readers Digest
version.

I got my Scout 5 1/2 years ago. Took the family of 6, four wheeling with it.
After a couple of years my wife tells me she always wanted a cute little Jeep,
especially a flat fender. Well, I find her one, a 1953 CJ-3A, and she buys it.
The DPO had swapped out the flat head engine with the F134 which means the DPO
had to cut a hole in the hood for the single barrel carb to stick through. I
finally got a trans, rebuilt my spare 65 Scout 80 xfer case and put everything
together. So, the Jeep has a Scout xfer case and Warn hubs that are stamped
IH. I'm taking those back if we get rid of the Jeep. It ran.

The next year while up in Oregon, I see an ad for a 1944 Ford Jeep, with a
Ford 289, Dana 44's (turned out only the rear), lifted, chrome rims, etc. She
had decided that the first Jeep was too nice to get munched four wheeling, so
we check this one out and get it. It looks like a hunting Jeep. It would take
forever to tell you what a mess I found out it really was, inside the diffs,
trans, xfer case, etc.. Hacked lift, and so on. Hey, stop by sometime and I'll
tell you all about it and show you both Jeeps.

Well, it turned out my wife didn't want to have to work on either Jeep, so she
bought a 98 Saturn. Another story for another day. Anyway, I had always been a
little jealous of the fact that there are tons of Jeep events, so I acquired
the 1944 Ford Jeep from her, thinking that we could go on Jeeper events (his
and her Jeeping). Besides, I have 4 kids at or near driving age and we could
take both Scouts and both Jeeps and go wheeling as a group.

This past summer, I came across a 74 Scout II with the half cab for sale and
go see about getting it, because my 17 year old son, who would walk by me at
times and stop and say to me, "Dad, when you die, you ARE going to give me
your Scout, aren't you ?", has said he wants a 74 Scout II with the half cab.
Now my wife buys it, with the three of us knowing she's going to give it to
him. Now she says she wants to get rid of the Jeep, the Saturn is her cute
little car and wants to go wheeling with the Scout. He may not get it after
all.

OK. Now to answer your question. When we got the first Jeep, I started looking
for information. When I acquired the 44 Ford Jeep, I started doing some web
pages like I have for my Scout. So that's why I have a Jeep sources page. I've
now worked on two Jeeps, and you know what. I realized that I really don't
like Jeeps, and I may get rid of mine.

Trust me, this was the short version.
STeve - 74 Scout II with the infamous 40 gallon tank and a 44 Ford Jeep that
needs the trans, xfer case, rear diff, lift, and more repaired