Re: Starter

In a brilliant stroke of genius, Steve Stegmann
<stegmann@domain.elided> blurted out:

>I think he said one year warrantee.  I noticed that the back cover has
>been flash brass plated.  The bendix gear appears to be a bit more
>substantial.  Maybe hallucinating. These guys are pretty helpfull.  345
>parts seem to be no big deal.  They obviously deal with them a lot.  The
>rebuilt starter was in stock.

The reason I ask for a part number is because *every* time I visit the
Navastar dealer about two blocks down the street, they almost refuse to
talk to me if they see me drive up in a Light Line vehicle (my Traveler).
I have to have a part number in hand before they will bother to look
something up.  The parts guy is really unhelpful if he even suspects I'm
after something for other than a big truck... he's almost an a**hole about
it.  He can't obviously refuse to sell me a starter if I walk in with the
part number and he has it on the shelf.

Take care,

John
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com    |
Conservative Libertarian      |
Life Member of the NRA        |        All the GOOD things in life
WA Arms Collectors            |              are DANGEROUS!
Commercial Helicopter - Inst. |
www.halcyon.com/jlandry/      |