Re: My Scout & Trailers

>Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 10:16:53 -0400
>From: tsm1@domain.elided (Tom Mandera)
>Subject: Re: My Scout & Trailers

>Pintle hitch would be the way I'd go.  Specifically because of the
>articulation.
>
>How am I supposed to tow a ball-hitched trailer up Surprise Canyon when I go
>to visit Hofstetter?  ;)
>
>hey, it would be a Scout trailer... it *has* to be able to go wherever the
>Scout goes.
>
>- -Tom

Tom,
        Why don't you put your 196 in it and work out a control system to
drive the trailer wheels.  Just think of all the spares you would have -
spare engine, spare transmission, spare transfer case, spare drivetrain etc.
If you damaged your Scout too much, you could just pull the front axle off
it and install it on your Scout trailer and drive that back.  Besides, I
KNOW you always wanted an articulated 6x6!
        Enjoy the weekend,  Mike
Jamie and J. Michael Daugherty
jmdaugh@domain.elided