Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 15:06:30 GMT
From: jlandry@domain.elided (John A. Landry)
Subject: Re: Robershaw type Thermostats
<SNIP>
  Engine Seal (Felpro) gasket part number 85749 is
for the water outlet if you don't make your own gaskets.

John L.

------------------------------

Tom,

        I hate to burst your bubble, but the Torsen is alive and well and being
offered as standard equipment in the ever present AMG Hummer and HMMWV for about
the last 10 years.  The HMMWV enetered production in or around 1986, and the
Hummer (civi) in 1992.  The standard GVW for the Hummer is 10K and the HD is 12K
with overload springs.

        I don't think that is the weakest part of the Hummer, if you read the
list, U-joints, Trannies, Tcases, and brakes seem to fail the most.

     -Joel Brodsky

         '76 IHC Scout II 345/tf727 RE8000, Cibie40s, custom
                rear tire rack, 6 different color body panels.
                Not much sport, all utility.
         '75 IHC Travelall 150 4wd 392/tf727 Hummer brush guard,
                3/4T rear springs, Hella Rallye 2000s, Con-Ferr 5x7,
                Class IV hitches front and rear, 3" Exhaust.
                1st Place, Rocky Mountain IH Rendezvous,
                3rd Place, Tulare IH Western Regionals.
         '74 IHC Travelall 150? 2wd 392/tf727 "The 'new' one"
                Factory AM/FM, Cruise, Tilt, AC, Captains Chairs,
                Rblt, Alt, carb, fuel pump, ps pump, water pump, dash,
                seats, rear door, starter, master cyl, what could be left?