Projection question

Here's the deal, if anyone has the older Holley projection (analog I guess)
Open Loop and run it for a while then added the closed loop kit, what are
your impressions? I'm getting a different story from everyone I talk to or
hear about. I've been told that the closed loop kit will only make very
minor corrections and is not worth the trouble or expense, this from a
mechanic friend I trust. I've also bee told that the system without the
closed loop kit is junk but the closed loop kit elevates it to godliness
and it becomes the perfect system in every regard, this from someone with
the resource$ to install any darn thing he wants and not settle for less.
So Knowing I'll get good data from y'all, what'ca think? Has anyone
installed the closed loop kit and been impressed either way?

TIA

terry

Terry Rust
Los Alamos National Laboratory