New(old) '73 Scout II's, problems on '76 Scout II...

Ok All,

First, let me say that I have been a not-so-faithful Scout owner lately and
that is entirely due to my work/school/social schedule. What that means is
that I have somewhere around 100 digests (at least) to read through, so in
the following notes, if someone posted something related to it, I apologize.

Ok, good news first.  My girlfried (who will soon be joining the friendly
gang here) just went to Arkansas with me a couple weekends ago and
purchased from a nice old chicken farmer there, the deal of the week.  It
consisted of a "Buy One, get One Free" scenerio....you know, the ones that
are too good to be true.
Anyway, she got herself two identical (nearly) 1973 Scout II's with 392v8,
tf727 trannies, one has the nifty dash mounted cable dealie for shifting to
4-high, the other(non-running) has been modified to take the direct link
shifter for the transfer case.
	The bodies on both are in tip-top shape, the running, oh, did i mention
that only one runs but the other was used for parts......but was never used
as a parts rig, so all of them are still there??  anyway, the running one
has a small rust hole in the front fender at the rocker line, and that is
all, interior is damn near mint, and except for the usual (?) oil leaks and
some sorely needed carb adjustments, it runs just fine and dandy, A/C
too!!!! Yippee!

I still have to go through negotiations with the Warden for the parole of
the body of the non-running one to put onto my cancer-ridden '76, but by
summer, we will have two, count them TWO Scout II's worthy of showing up at
a nearby roundup!

I just noticed that this is pretty long, so i will send it and ask now for
comments from anyone, and to see if anyone wants to get (read buy, cheaply)
parts of the non running Scout.  I don't know what all is available,
because she will keep the glass out of it's top, and the top is rusted
through in the back passenger corner, and i got dibs on the remaining body
panels, but that will leave things like my old tailgate, hood, doors, etc
plus the '73 engine, and misc. parts.....perhaps a tranny, which one is up
in the air, and the axles, ect.

More soon,

Jim Coyle/Laura Busch (yeah, cool, like the Beer family....far distant
relatives!)

'76 Scout II   345v8, tf727.....won't start, needs major help!

'73 Scout II   392v8, tf727.....runs but not well, smokes a pack a day

'73 Scout II....same as above minus the running part.