Re: Disc Brake Conversion M/C

Chris,
   Here is a little info from Jim Weed's page. He has a huge file in his
tech section that has all the NAPA part numbers for all the brake parts
on a Scout. From looking at these numbers, the 1971-1973 (drum brakes)
the cylinder bore is 1" and the part number for a United MC is 36357,
the 1974 (Actually, this is for DGD 10001 and up and with disk brakes)
and up MC is a 1 1/8" cylinder bore and the part number is 36461.
   I have a MC number on my web page which I keep meaning to look up and
post, yet keep forgetting, that was larger than my old MC with much
larger resivoirs. This was listed as the heavy duty MC for an IH. As
soon as I finish this post I'll go get that number.
   I would look to get this MC for any conversion on a Light Line
because of the size of it. Before the linings started to leak it was a
very good MC. It was a rebuild, so, you know how they are.

Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided
1979 Scout II 345, 727, D44's w/3.07's, 4" Triangle lift.
1971 Scout II 304, D30/44, D20, power steering.

Now with Pictures!