Domestic Engineers

OK, my bad... quick, before someone gets offended...

I mentioned "Domestic Engineer" with a note of sarcasm to Tom H only because
last weekend I heard of a friend of a friend that has left Montana for Utah,
and is attending college, working towards a degree in "Domestic Engineering"....

I'm sorry, but for some reason I'm having a hard time with this
college-to-be-a-house-wife thing.  FWIW, I don't consider "house-wife" to be
a 4-letter word (OK Paul Brakefield, I know.. it's NOT a 4-letter word.. but
y'all know what I mean).  I admire anyone with the opportunity to remain at
home and raise their children.

How did our ancestors ever raise children without Domestic Engineering
degrees and daycares and How-To books?  Maybe they had all of these things
and just never said anything...

Sometimes this all gets too P.C. for me... I guess that's when it's time to
throw the sleeping bag (no, wait.. it's almost always there already) into
the Scout, grab the guns, tank up, and go get lost someplace...

So, I guess in a round-about way I was trying to say, now that Tom's gone to
school, done his time getting experience, and considers himself a glorified
secretary (another bad word these days) due to micromanagment.. I joked that
he could've gone to school and worked all those years to earn the degree of
"Domestic Engineer"...

Perhaps I should've said, "Gee Tom, you could have received a degree in air
breathing and horizontal walking".. but then someone on the list is probably
an amphibian and would take offense to that... ;-)

Anyhow, I'll shaddup and get back to work.  :-)

No offense meant house-ladies and house-husbands.

-Tom