Walnut Treatment [WAS: ATF Treatment]

In a brilliant stroke of genius, tsm1@domain.elided (Tom Mandera) blurted out:

>A variation on this, which I've actually heard of being used....
>
>Get the motor good n' hot, take a cup full of water... pour into carb
>slowly.. as motor sputtters, punch the throttle.. get it hot... repeat.
>
>Just don't hydraulic lock it... supposed to clean the insides out.. "steam
>cleaning"....
>
>YMMV, Don't try this at home... etc.

Here's one I have *seen*...

In order to clean out the turbine engine in an Army Huey helicopter, I
watched a mechanic throw ground up walnut shells into the intake.  I don't
recall why, but I can presume it was to clean out troublesome carbon
buildup.  The walnut shells came shooting out the exhaust like a cloud of
brown dust.  Seemed to work quite well... but just seemed a little scary to
me at the time.

I don't think this treatment would have quite the same effect your Scout
engine! <grin>

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com       | TEENAGERS: Tired of being harassed by
Conservative Libertarian         |            your stupid parents?
Life Member of the NRA           |
WA Arms Collectors               |                ACT NOW!
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.    | Move out, get a job, and pay your own
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/  | bills while you still know everything!