Re: Dropped drive line

Subject:     Re: Dropped drive line
Sent:        9/28/98 4:26 PM
To:          Daniel Nees, cookiedan@domain.elided
             ihc@domain.elided

Dan said:

>I wasn't implying that with all your many years of past experiance and
>wisdom you couldn't have seen this happen, and I didn't mean to sound
>overbearing on the issue.

Didn't take it that way, Dan.

> The difference though on that J##p rear and
>our Scouts it the yoke fasteners. The Scouts have the ever familiar
>u-bolts, but the J##p had the caps with bolts that held everythig
>together. When that joint went it also mest up the threads in the yoke.

I didn't realize the difference between the two. I was impressed by
Bill's story about a drive line actually pulling the bolts through the
holes in the yoke leaving bigger holes.

>I ran a bottom tap through the bolt hole and cleaned it up nicely. I was
>just following the lead of my elders in relating related/unrelated
>stores with evry one.

And it's entirely proper that you do so.

> Did I ever tell you guys about the time I took
>that two wheel drive J##p through a 3' deep puddle...

Hey, that was my story, and it was a 47 Dodge pickup and .........

Regards,
John