RE: Lite Line Disks

> I saw your posting on the digest on Lite Line Disks and was wondering how
> you thought they were standard on the
> '71 models.

I didn't say they were STANDARD (funny how this damn Internet twists things), I just
said that they were AVAILABLE- on 1010 models, and 1010 models ONLY!!

I have a '71 parts 1010 Travelall that CLEARY seems like it was very unloved
and therefore untouched during it's hard life- so I think my autopsy work has convinced me
that it's (1) very, (2) very (3) very unlikely that it was swapped.

Now I stopped at three "very"s because I did get the truck from the Springfield, Oh
area and maybe somebody who worked at the factory decided to swap it... but that
would be pretty expensive for what is like I said, a basic truck that was obviously unloved.

> They were first offered on '74 models, but I have seen one late
And where did you get that information?  In fact,  even though I didn't say they were standard,
I have checked and my '73 Wagonmaster sales brochure ONLY lists power front discs for the 1010 model
-- repeat: DISCS ONLY!!! (Wonder what an equivalent Travelall brochure would say?)  I do know that
quite a while ago there was a 1010 poster with drums, so that's why I'm not claiming that they were standard.

> A lot of people around here have converted earlier models to disks so I am
> sure that there will be some confusion in the future about disk brakes.

But there's also a LOT (I'm into capitals today) of confusion NOW about the 1000/1010 series
of trucks in the IH community...  I've said about 6000x- often to the same people- that there's
NO WAY you can put 4x4 on a 1000/1010, but they never believe me until they get
a hold of one.   IT'S A TOTALLY DIFFERENT TRUCK, GUYS!!

In fact, when I went to get a m/c for the 1210, we discovered that the 1010's have their own,
INCOMPATABLE listing for '73.  The disc brake vehicles, of course, have different
sized chambers whereas the drum brakes are the same.

Ergo, if they only listed one '73 1010 master cylinder,  different from the drum-only 1110/1210, then
I think that maybe I CAN make the claim of standard equipment.- but I'm still not going out on
that limb <g>.

I should have checked out how far back that listing goes, but I didn't think it would be such a mystery.
Anyway, it's only important to us who need want to put disc on 1000/1010 vehicles

Which makes me wonder:

Am I the only one on the list, since Jim Grammer left, that knows and loves the IFS trucks?