One wire alternator

>Subject: Re: one wire alt
>
>I installed a Summit kit to make a one wire out of my old Scout
>alternator.  Cost $35 but replaced everything but the stator and the
>bearings.  Works very well.  And... the cut in speed is much lower than
>the Summit one wire alternator which I had been using.  BTW, they sent a
>brand new one when I returned my old one with the blown diode.
>
>Steve

Steve and others,
What is the advantage of going to a one-wire alternator?

After you convert, if your lifetime guaranteed alternator fails, do you
get another alternator that you have to convert also?

I assume that Delco makes a one-wire, if so is it better to get a Delco
so that you can get easy replacement?

John H.