Re: ihc-digest V6 #163Subject: Re: Exhaust System

In a message dated 9/26/98 10:46:05 PM Pacific Daylight Time, owner-ihc-
digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Subject: Re: Exhaust System >>
I recently had a new exhaust system installed on a 1980 Scout II from the
manifolds back, aluminized? pipe with 2 stage flowmaster mufflers complete
for $250. This was in Chickasha, Ok. which is about 30 miles SW of OKC
on I-44. The pipe has a 5 year warranty and the flowmasters a lifetime
warranty both to the original owner.
this is my first time on the digest so I hope I did this the right way.
I currently have two Scouts that run: a !980 with 345, edelbrock carb, jacobs
coil and wires, T-19 wide-Dana-300 W/twin sticks, 3.73 gears w/lock-rights at
both ends. New paint done in April 98, interior stripped out and speedliner
sprayed on the interior.  4" skyjacker spring lift (which I would not
recommend to anyone, 2" sag 3 months after installation and skyjacker said it
was my fault, 2" longer shackles on the rear to make up for spring sag, 2"
body lift, 33-12.50 MudKings on 8" aluminum mods.Flex-steel front seats out of
a mini van.
Just obtained a 1976 Traveler it has a 345 from a later model scout with some
internal mods and also running a 4 barrel edelbrock, 33-12.50 BF Goodrich
All Terrians with spring mods also. Has very little rust and straight body.
Interior has buckets from something?? up front. This vechile is for sale.
$2750.
Also have 3 parts vechiles 2- 79s and a 77 plus various other pieces from long
gone scouts.
We have had at least 1 Scout and as many as 7, 5 of those that ran, since
1978.
Before that we drove j;;ps, but finally wised up.