Oil leak from tube to guage

Hello,

When I installed a mechanical oil pressure guage in my Travelall,
I could not easily route the tubing in such a way that it would
not rest on something where there would be abrasion (with the engine
moving a bit with respect to the body and the general whipping around
from wind, etc.)  I threaded the plastic (nylon?) tubing supplied
with the guage through some small fuel line to protect it.  It has not
leaked yet.

The same thing worked to protect a small heater hose that was too
close to the exhaust in my old Honda.  After having the hose burst twice
15 - 20 miles from home and replacing it by the side of the road both times
(and being in some apparent danger from a threatening passerby one of the
times),
I covered the small hose with a slitted large (5/8" - 3/4") heater hose
held in place with hose clamps tightened just enough
to keep it from slipping.

Allan

1973 1110 Travelall