Driver side door

My driverside door won't open from the inside when it is completely
closed.  If I just close it to where it latches but doesn't sit flush with
the body it works but won't lock and the window is quite tight against the
seal but if I close it tight it won't open from the inside.  Any one know
how to fix this?

Nate Campbell, 1976 ScoutII woodie project and 1980 ScoutII daily driver
         ,     Traverse City, MI ________
   '76 SII with the        '80 Scout II
    the top off and the doors
 the sidewalls and seats removed   http://www.nmc.edu/~campben