Bodymounts

I've been reading various submissions for sometime now but never posted.
I'm not even sure if this is the proper way to get messages on the digest.
Oh well here goes,  A few months back I purchased a second Scout II '71 to
be exact.  The reason for this purchase was to rob the body off of it; fore
my '78 was to rusted.  Well having saved money for a few months to get the
parts I needed for it I slowly started to dissasemble it to do prep work on
the windshield frame, doors, outer fenders, etc.  So now it sits with it's
rear end on jack stands (my friend burned his up in Daytona).  The front
wheels are still on the ground, and it's on a very small hill in my back
yard.  In it's present condition i.e. the above parts taken off and back
wheels lifted about an inch off the ground would it be possible to replace
the front body mounts.  The two piece ones that are right up under feet in
the cab.  One of my buddies said he didn't think it would hurt the alignment
if I used the doors as a reference before I welded it.