sound proofing

>I went to Advance Auto Parts, they have a product catalog on the counter in
it you will find "The Insulator" page 121.  It says it reduces noise
>and heat transfer.  It is composed of "dense fabric packing with fire
retard ant coating and aluminized outer layer, you can choose from one or....

Hello all,
I have returned to the list after missing  a whole bunch of past posts. I
can jump in on this one as I have talked about it extensively in the past. I
used the felt type insulation/soundproofer on the floor of my 76 Scout II
after I had sandblasted, primed, enameled, and then undercoated it with the
"rubberized" undercoating. I also applied dynamat sheets on the firewall and
on the transmission tunnel as well as under the plate the holds the
transmission lever on. The truck is *real* quiet and not plagued by
excessive heat rolling up through the floor. The doors were also lined with
Dynamat and have a real heavy "thunk" to them now when shutting. I also used
the foil backed insulating material under the roof liner and behind the
formed side panels that go around the side rear windows. I used
indoor/outdoor carpet tape to hold it on, it's very aggressive stuff. With
the windows up one can now listen to the CD player on low and talk to the
passenger in a normal voice. Very nice. Bought another Traveler, another
Scout II. The Traveler is an 80 Midas edition. Gaudy on the inside in an
attractive sort of a way. The four captain chair buckets are rather cool, as
are the little reading lights and other gu gaws. Lets see, that makes four
Travelers and four Scout II's. Not a bad start. If anyone is interested, the
1976 Scout II is for sale as I do not need such an exceptional truck for
just plowing my driveway (long driveway I live in the country). It was
appraised at between $12,000 and $15,000, depending upon where sold,  by Lyn
and Heather at The Scout Connection. I am asking $13,000 for it and will e
mail the work sheet if anyone is interested. It's a beauty, mega sharp!

Regards,

Garry