Re: race scout

On Mon, 21 Sep 1998, William Cunningham wrote:

> OK Tom,
> I hear you have been a good boy so not only do I have the race seat, I
> have your Master cylinder, booster, (and if you can wait) the
> proportioning valve. I also have the hood but it is not UPS,able, like
> the other parts.
> You may have to give me recognition and an autographed picture for all
> of this, heck, a race Scout with *Willy's* on the tailgate <VBG> would
> keep 'um wondering.

Oooh-weee!

4hrs of cussing and pushing and shoving, and the racer chassis is
polluting my front yard.. I almost just rolled the stupid thing off the
flatbed (it almost rolled itself off anyhow..)

I'll make a little list of "sponsors", Willy, and I'll be sure your name
is pencilled in in very very fine print on the backside of the inner
fender, OK?

:-)

Nah, I'll find a suitable spot..

I think I'm going to keep the tilt front clip from the racer.. maybe
clean it up and reinforce it, then use it on the "camo" Scout.  I'll pull
the good fenders (inner & outer) and grille off and keep those for spare
parts for some future project..

Now I get to start dismantling the racer so I can cut it up and get that
mess out of the driveway..

Thanks, Willy.

-Tom